Classes are out this week for the holiday, so we will be tearing the workrooms apart and setting things for the Winter session.
- Clean up any residual email from the past two months.
- Clean both workrooms top to bottom. Magic erasers, anyone?
- Finish the floors and details in the offices and kitchenette.
- Paint floors that have been damaged from various installations.
- Build wall shelving for student machines.
- Sort for Craigslist, Ebay, and thriftstore. Getting rid of a lot of stuff.
- Planning on 4 blog posts a day for the next week.
- A few furniture projects, including a set of Louis XVI-style mid-century interpretations and a set of bedside deco bookshelves.
- Whatever else we can pack into the next five days
We will be at the workrooms 24/7 for the next few days to get everything done, so let us know what you need and we will try to get you situated. As always, texts are best – we are doing a bit of metalwork and the grinding/welding makes it too loud for us to hear the phone.
We try to keep on things, but every now and then slip up.
In this case, a good number of emails have been shuffled into the wrong folder and went unanswered.
We will be working on these throughout Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
Sorry for the delay, guys.
This winter session registration is sailing along, we just lost the rudder for a bit.
We have been busy with photo-shoots, web design, and the general hurry that goes along with the final three weeks of classes, so there hasn’t been an update since Hallowe’en week.
On the agenda for the next week:
- Developing content of design blog.
- Final entry in the “Buying a Machine” series.
- General workroom cleanup and closet organizing.
- Lots of final project pictures from Fall 2010, including the long-awaited-for Vogue #2903.
- Reining in the make-ups from Fall 2010.
- Tchad should have his personal blogs coded and live for the tchad.me site.
- This will be the first time in maybe four years we are going to advertise the classes through Facebook and Craigslist, so there are ads to develop.
- Final 2010-2011 redesign of the tchad.biz site and sub-sites.
- Continuing registration for the Winter 2011 session that starts in January!
- General emails and class correspondence.
And that is it – as always, let us know if there are things you would like to see, or if there are corrections that need to be made.
We are looking for anyone who would like to blog about their experiences with sewing at Tchad, or general blog articles, so please keep us in mind if you would like to write something. We would be happy to consider a broad range of topics and styles.
Workroom Schedule (outside of classes):
- 12 November: 2-6 p.m., 9-11:30 p.m.
- 13 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 14 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 15 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 16 November: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 17 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 18 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 19 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 20 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 21 November: 9-11:45 a.m.