A lot going on this week:
- Spring session ends this week
- General cleaning and straightening
- Classes blog back up and running
- Summer registrations for classes open to the general public on 27 May
- All sewing machines serviced for the next session
- We are going to be rehabbing the gallery for a film shoot. Alec, one of our former students is going to be shooting a short and we have to temporarily change the configuration of the room for Sartre’s No Exit. Luckily it will just take a little work to seal up the windows and doors. We shoot on 3&4 June.
- The mulch order is coming in – about 21 cubic yards of wood mulch from Expedition Log Homes. Our goal over Thursday and Friday is to have the berm on the front of the property set and ready by Saturday morning.
- Geno is coming out to the farm on Thursday. We’ll probably use our time with him to show him how to mulch and plant the remaining trees from last week. He is getting really good at driving the tractor, so he will be our intra-farm transport and delivery for the afternoon.
- Nicole and Alia are going to be working with the horses – grooming and round-pen. Both of them are feeling much more confident; it is great to see them progress so far.
General Tchad® stuff:
- All blogs back online and ready to go
- About ten thousand emails about Summer classes
And that’s it! Go! Gogogo!
We will be spending the two weeks leading up to the Fall 2011 class session prepping the workroom and getting things together for the up-coming ten-week session.
On the agenda for the week:
- Getting the rest of the estate settled.
- Getting the workroom set up for classes.
- We have started a new blog called Rural Pursuits to cull information about rural living. Stay tuned.
- We will be working on the class schedule for the next two quarters (Winter and Spring 2012).
- Email and general blog & Web stuff.
- Tchad will be developing more with his personal blog and should be able to introduce the Wrought blog by the end of September.
- There is a short video instructional series that we have been invited to work on. It is a series that gives short creative video tips to working business women. We will be able to tell you more about that in the coming weeks.
We will be putting our clothing business on hold for the next few months, so will not be taking consults or orders until at the very earliest late Spring 2012. This is going to delay the roll out of the design blog, but we want it to be right, not just published.
So it is a fairly straightforward couple of weeks for us up here at Tchad. Stay tuned for more.
In the meantime, you can always email us at:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can text us at: 773.680.5914.
This should be an exciting Fall and Winter! Let’s see what we can make happen!
Become a fan of our page on Facebook as we rebuild our business and redefine its core!
It has been since March. We had to drop the blogs because of a death in the family.
The process hasn’t been fun. If you want to read more about that you can do it on Tchad’s personal blog.
But as of now, the blogs are back up and running!
We are re-structuring the business to deal with classes entirely. There will be no clothing or design projects for a while as we deal with the personal and professional fall-out of a life change like this.
So enjoy the blogs and let’s see where this takes us!
We have been busy with photo-shoots, web design, and the general hurry that goes along with the final three weeks of classes, so there hasn’t been an update since Hallowe’en week.
On the agenda for the next week:
- Developing content of design blog.
- Final entry in the “Buying a Machine” series.
- General workroom cleanup and closet organizing.
- Lots of final project pictures from Fall 2010, including the long-awaited-for Vogue #2903.
- Reining in the make-ups from Fall 2010.
- Tchad should have his personal blogs coded and live for the tchad.me site.
- This will be the first time in maybe four years we are going to advertise the classes through Facebook and Craigslist, so there are ads to develop.
- Final 2010-2011 redesign of the tchad.biz site and sub-sites.
- Continuing registration for the Winter 2011 session that starts in January!
- General emails and class correspondence.
And that is it – as always, let us know if there are things you would like to see, or if there are corrections that need to be made.
We are looking for anyone who would like to blog about their experiences with sewing at Tchad, or general blog articles, so please keep us in mind if you would like to write something. We would be happy to consider a broad range of topics and styles.
Workroom Schedule (outside of classes):
- 12 November: 2-6 p.m., 9-11:30 p.m.
- 13 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 14 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 15 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 16 November: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 17 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 18 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 19 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 20 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 21 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
Some of our projects at the workroom the week of 11-17 October:
- Our email inbox has become a mess. If you expect an email, look for it by 3 p.m. Tuesday the 12th.
- We should have the Design blog built out.
- The tchad.biz site will be updated with new links and filled out with some images.
- There are about five posts to write across the blogs:
- Sewing machines you should never buy.
- Sewing machines that are a great value.
- Reviewing the “Pattern Magic” book’s new English edition.
- How to build an ironing table from a large 4×8 foot piece of plywood
- Toward the end of the week, we will be at the fabric store to buy white fabric for the workroom’s office drapery.
- What seems like thousands of little business details – CPAs, attorneys, &c.
- Fittings Friday morning for two of the Berlin series (this is VERY exciting).
- Rescheduling and updating the class schedules for Winter & Spring 2011.
So that is what HAS to get done. If we can squeeze in a few hours to finish cleaning out the closet and install a new communications system in the workroom, well, great.
Every day we are getting closer to bringing the website back to life and seeing the blogs go live with solid and full content. The days outside are getting shorter, but ours are getting longer.
It has been three years since we have been able to spend this much time on the functioning of the business and we are thrilled!
We need a bigger computer screen.
So the old general Tchad.biz blog just wasn’t cutting it and here we are.
The blogs have been divided up into separate sites for Projects, Classes, and Design. This is going to be the first post for each of them.
This has turned out to be the default image when we are working on stuff:
*chip*chip*chip* We are getting there! *chip*chip*chip*
That’s right. Coping Marble. This pic was from the 2007-8 bathroom restoration at the Sheridan-Montrose building where we have our workrooms. What you aren’t seeing is the aftermath…
After having coped out the perfect ridge in the base of the 2 inch marble slabs, we stood it up and walked over to another part of the hall… CRASH …and a 100 year old piece of marble crashed into hundreds of pieces.
Hopefully the build-outs of the blog will go better.