We will be spending the two weeks leading up to the Fall 2011 class session prepping the workroom and getting things together for the up-coming ten-week session.
On the agenda for the week:
- Getting the rest of the estate settled.
- Getting the workroom set up for classes.
- We have started a new blog called Rural Pursuits to cull information about rural living. Stay tuned.
- We will be working on the class schedule for the next two quarters (Winter and Spring 2012).
- Email and general blog & Web stuff.
- Tchad will be developing more with his personal blog and should be able to introduce the Wrought blog by the end of September.
- There is a short video instructional series that we have been invited to work on. It is a series that gives short creative video tips to working business women. We will be able to tell you more about that in the coming weeks.
We will be putting our clothing business on hold for the next few months, so will not be taking consults or orders until at the very earliest late Spring 2012. This is going to delay the roll out of the design blog, but we want it to be right, not just published.
So it is a fairly straightforward couple of weeks for us up here at Tchad. Stay tuned for more.
In the meantime, you can always email us at:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can text us at: 773.680.5914.
This should be an exciting Fall and Winter! Let’s see what we can make happen!
The week of the 27th through the first we will be focusing on getting the rest of the workroom clean and ready to go for classes in the fall before we shut down for a much needed sabbatical.
There are a lot of things Tchad is doing for an Estate he is working on that will need to be done first, so if you are in the market for religious antiques or memorabilia you may want to check out his Ebay profile.
The Fall session ended last Sunday and we are in high gear to set the workrooms for the Winter quarter and get a number of other projects done.
So a week with a short list but a lot of activity!
- Paint the floors so they can set properly by January.
- Blinds up in the large workroom and gallery.
- Office drapery finished.
- Finish upholstering the ironing tables.
We will be at the workrooms morning until night for the next few days trying to get everything underway. Give us a text or shoot us an email if you want to stop by.
We have been busy with photo-shoots, web design, and the general hurry that goes along with the final three weeks of classes, so there hasn’t been an update since Hallowe’en week.
On the agenda for the next week:
- Developing content of design blog.
- Final entry in the “Buying a Machine” series.
- General workroom cleanup and closet organizing.
- Lots of final project pictures from Fall 2010, including the long-awaited-for Vogue #2903.
- Reining in the make-ups from Fall 2010.
- Tchad should have his personal blogs coded and live for the tchad.me site.
- This will be the first time in maybe four years we are going to advertise the classes through Facebook and Craigslist, so there are ads to develop.
- Final 2010-2011 redesign of the tchad.biz site and sub-sites.
- Continuing registration for the Winter 2011 session that starts in January!
- General emails and class correspondence.
And that is it – as always, let us know if there are things you would like to see, or if there are corrections that need to be made.
We are looking for anyone who would like to blog about their experiences with sewing at Tchad, or general blog articles, so please keep us in mind if you would like to write something. We would be happy to consider a broad range of topics and styles.
Workroom Schedule (outside of classes):
- 12 November: 2-6 p.m., 9-11:30 p.m.
- 13 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 14 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 15 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 16 November: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 17 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 18 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 19 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 20 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 21 November: 9-11:45 a.m.