We have been busy with photo-shoots, web design, and the general hurry that goes along with the final three weeks of classes, so there hasn’t been an update since Hallowe’en week.
On the agenda for the next week:
- Developing content of design blog.
- Final entry in the “Buying a Machine” series.
- General workroom cleanup and closet organizing.
- Lots of final project pictures from Fall 2010, including the long-awaited-for Vogue #2903.
- Reining in the make-ups from Fall 2010.
- Tchad should have his personal blogs coded and live for the tchad.me site.
- This will be the first time in maybe four years we are going to advertise the classes through Facebook and Craigslist, so there are ads to develop.
- Final 2010-2011 redesign of the tchad.biz site and sub-sites.
- Continuing registration for the Winter 2011 session that starts in January!
- General emails and class correspondence.
And that is it – as always, let us know if there are things you would like to see, or if there are corrections that need to be made.
We are looking for anyone who would like to blog about their experiences with sewing at Tchad, or general blog articles, so please keep us in mind if you would like to write something. We would be happy to consider a broad range of topics and styles.
Workroom Schedule (outside of classes):
- 12 November: 2-6 p.m., 9-11:30 p.m.
- 13 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 14 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 15 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 16 November: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 17 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 18 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 19 November: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 20 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
- 21 November: 9-11:45 a.m.
Week 18-24 October is going to be a rebound & recovery week after we (yes, all of us) spent the week only focused on classes and otherwise in bed sick. The only web work done was for the disambiguation page, and that was a little fuzzy-focused and needs some review.
So with that in mind, here is the agenda for the Workrooms at Tchad for the week of 18-24 October. We are recharged, though the list may be a bit rehashed:
- A number of new posts to the classes page, including part 2 of 3: Buying a Sewing Machine.
- Finalizing the Winter, Spring, and Fall 2011 session schedules, announcements for schedule changes.
- General cleanup.
- Two fittings Friday morning.
- Finalize the links for these blogs and get the website a little more functional.
- Drapery for the workroom’s offices.
- About 1,000 emails (actually 322 as of right now, but after you pass 60, it all seems like 1,000)
Workroom Schedule for the week:
- Monday: 3-6 p.m,, classes 6-9 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12-3 p.m., classes 3-9 p.m.
- Wednesday: 12-6 p.m., classes 6-9 p.m.
- Thursday: 2-6 p.m., classes 6-9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12 noon, classes 12-6 p.m.
- Sunday: Classes 12-6 p.m.
Some of our projects at the workroom the week of 11-17 October:
- Our email inbox has become a mess. If you expect an email, look for it by 3 p.m. Tuesday the 12th.
- We should have the Design blog built out.
- The tchad.biz site will be updated with new links and filled out with some images.
- There are about five posts to write across the blogs:
- Sewing machines you should never buy.
- Sewing machines that are a great value.
- Reviewing the “Pattern Magic” book’s new English edition.
- How to build an ironing table from a large 4×8 foot piece of plywood
- Toward the end of the week, we will be at the fabric store to buy white fabric for the workroom’s office drapery.
- What seems like thousands of little business details – CPAs, attorneys, &c.
- Fittings Friday morning for two of the Berlin series (this is VERY exciting).
- Rescheduling and updating the class schedules for Winter & Spring 2011.
So that is what HAS to get done. If we can squeeze in a few hours to finish cleaning out the closet and install a new communications system in the workroom, well, great.
So the old general Tchad.biz blog just wasn’t cutting it and here we are.
The blogs have been divided up into separate sites for Projects, Classes, and Design. This is going to be the first post for each of them.
This has turned out to be the default image when we are working on stuff:
*chip*chip*chip* We are getting there! *chip*chip*chip*
That’s right. Coping Marble. This pic was from the 2007-8 bathroom restoration at the Sheridan-Montrose building where we have our workrooms. What you aren’t seeing is the aftermath…
After having coped out the perfect ridge in the base of the 2 inch marble slabs, we stood it up and walked over to another part of the hall… CRASH …and a 100 year old piece of marble crashed into hundreds of pieces.
Hopefully the build-outs of the blog will go better.