This week begins the big two-week work extravaganza at the workrooms!
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Finish upper Art Deco Painting in stairwell
- Start on lower stairs and entry vestibule
- General workroom cleanup and reset for 201-207
- Floors painted, walls cleaned and touched up, ceilings painted, new blinds made, photography studio set back up, office touched up
- No sewing classes or people dropping in the next couple of weeks, so it will be unusually quite on that front around here
- There have been a couple of tropical trees we’ve been meaning to research for growing in zone 7, most recently Sapindus Marginatus, or American Soapberry.
- We’ll also start some seeds this week so that we’ll have part of the lavender beds installed later this Summer
General Business Stuff:
- Fall sewing classes registering until the end of August
- Set up a better business flow plan to make sure the main three aspects of the business flow well with all their various social media and customer obligations. Essentially a flow chart so that each section gets the attention it needs daily.
And that’s about it – the next two weeks are going top be BUSY. Hopefully we’ll have something interesting and productive to report back.