As we get back into the swing of blogging about the stuff going on up here, we’re juggling a lot this week:
- Finish formulas and patterns for the faux marble in main stairwell entrance.
- Clean, repaint, and refresh office area in Workrooms
- Design Deco sculptures for front entry to either be cast in bronze or paster and then gilded.
- Lots of Open Sewing Studio time scheduled… 9 July, 10 July, 13 July, 14 July
- Verena’s ongoing wedding dress gets special attention this week – this week the skirts go in and she’ll be inserting the two zippers and starting the drape around the neckline
- Amber’s wedding dress is a last-minute addition to classes this quarter – it is substantially simpler than Verena’s dress, so we said yes to the dress and threw it into the mix. Welcome to the crazy Summer dress party, Amber!
Clothing & Design:
- This is going to be the Summer of custom dress shirts. I may even sneak a few in for myself.
- Two words: Linen pants
- We’ve been playing around with tambour and some smocking techniques in new ways for a new private collection
- Drafting out masonry heater and fireplace plans for the cabin
- Planning out garden and deck areas
- Late Fall schedule set for November – December work
General Business Stuff:
- Fall registration under way
- Summer studio time registrations
- Daily blog and social media entries
And that is the week, folks. Let the glamour wash over you like a waterfall of glitter and delight.